[Squaredancing] Dress Code at the National Square Dance Convention in Long Beach

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Fri May 8 07:20:42 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

It looks like the convention folks for the Long Beach Convention have
listened to all the complaints about the dress code at the NSDC over
the years. The following email message was posted on the LGCWSD (Gay
Square Dancing email list) -- it came from the General Chair of the Convention:

>Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:16 AM
>Subject: Re: Question about dress code
>
>Sue:
>
>We are required by contract to include the phrase "Square Dance
>Attire Required in all Dance Halls" on our registration form.  But,
>we will not be bothering anyone who registers for the
>convention.  As long as you our outfits are in good taste you will
>be fine.  We are happy that you are attending.
>
>Sandy

Convention web site: http://www.58nsdc.org/index.html
My web site showing registration numbers on a map:
http://www.rbnsn.com/nsdc/geo_reg.php  (requires Javascript to be enabled)

Ken Robinson
Baltimore, MD/Hillsborough, NJ
Mainstream through C3A Dancer
President, Rutgers Promenaders -- A Mainstream Club --
http://www.rutgerspromenaders.org/
Just elected Co-President of the Northern NJ Square Dancers
Association -- http://www.nnjsda.org/ (1 year term starts in June)