[Squaredancing] Anyone at the NSDC in Louisville?

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Thu Jun 24 18:36:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I didn't make it to the convention this year due to lack of
employment. Maybe we can wake up this list with some first hand
reports on how the convention is doing.

Sound in the halls? Flooring? Dress code enforcement or lack there
of? Hall location? Temperature of the halls (it's quite hot in
Louisville this week)? Transportation? Food services? Who's bidding
for the 2014 convention & who won the bid -- go to the bid session on
Friday morning. How well did the competition work on Saturday? Anything else.

Let's try not to make this into a flame-fest on the dress code... :-)

BTW, here's a good article from a local radio station on the opening:
http://www.wfpl.org/2010/06/24/national-square-dance-convention-opens-in-louisville/
-- notice the picture -- it shows young dancers!

It looks like the registration people are keeping the registration
numbers up to date on the web site. As of a few minutes ago they are
up to 6179 -- more than last year & the year before. You can get the
numbers at either
http://www.59thnsdc.com/program/report/rpt_cnt_regbystate.asp?pagetitle=Registration
(official site) or http://rbnsn.com/nsdc/geo_reg.php (my site showing
the number on a map).