[Squaredancing] Banner Stealing?

Nick & Dorothy Dahm dndahm at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 2 14:48:08 EDT 2011

In our experience as a basic/mainstream club whose caller occasionally
throws in a plus tip for the benefit of visitors or more advanced club
members, when plus dancers come to steal our banner, he calls plus for them
as they steal the banner with possibly another plus in the evening.  He
makes the mainstream fun for them.  Our mainstream dancers learn a lot from
observing others.
When they return to retrieve their banner, the plus club usually provides a
mixed evening of plus and mainstream so the banner retrieval group can enjoy
dancing but still get a chance to take a break and learn from watching
others.
In any case we find more advanced dancers can often benefit from a bit of
review of mainstream moves.
Dorothy Dahm
Tillsonburg,  ON