[Info-vax] Kittson question

Stanley F. Quayle stanley.f.quayle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 12:46:16 EST 2015

On Friday, January 2, 2015 12:00:10 AM UTC-5, Kerry Main wrote:
> the pricing for an environment that wants to save $'s on VAX HW power/space makes it more difficult to justify.

No, it doesn't. Check out www.stanq.com/wf1.html  They saved floor space, power, and air conditioning. They improved performance greatly.

They called me about 6 months after installation, and wanted to know which hardware contracts they had to renew. I crossed out the pieces they didn't need anymore, and it saved them money -- $100,000 per year.

So, the up-front might be big, but the tail-end costs can justify the whole project.