[Info-vax] TCPWARE FTP client to Unix server issue, I think...

Kerry Main kerry.main at backtothefutureit.com
Sun Jan 4 20:52:25 EST 2015

[snip]

> Well, I did try active mode FTP with the same issue (can't remember
> exact return code) and I'm on a flat local network with no firewall or NAT
> between either machine. I'll set it back up and try again, but I'm thinking
> this is something specific to the tcpware implementation. I shouldn't
> have a problem having both HP TCPIP and TCPWARE installed if only one
> is active at a time, correct?

If by running both, you mean you disable the start-up file of one
or the other, then this should not be an issue. Fwiw, I do this all the
time with Multinet and TCPIP Services. My default is Multinet.

A bit old, but might be of interest:
http://fixunix.com/vms/228253-re-problem-ftp.html

Regards,

Kerry Main
Back to the Future IT Inc.
 .. Learning from the past to plan the future

Kerry dot main at backtothefutureit dot com