[Info-vax] DCL's flaws (both scripting and UI)

johnson.eric at gmail.com johnson.eric at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 08:32:00 EST 2015

On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 9:52:25 PM UTC-5, David Froble wrote:

> Perhaps part of the problem is that I neither see nor feel the need to
> move on to other languages.
>
> Regardless, with a few exceptions, such as what I consider a rather poor
> release of SSL on VMS, I have not been convinced that I really need to
> abandon what I already know.

It's not about abandoning. It's about expanding your horizons and your
expectations. Sometimes you can appreciate home all the more by going
out and exploring the world. It's even easier these days considering the
near oracle like quality of google. "How do I do X in language Y". Most
of the time it will take you to the relevant question on stackoverflow!

Darn kids these days, there was a time when you actually had to read
the manual and people were entitled to expect you to! They don't know
what they are missing. Or maybe its the other way around. :-)

EJ