[Info-vax] OT: "HDMI 2.0 cables"

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Wed Jan 28 09:27:32 EST 2015

MG wrote:
> Dirk Munk schreef op 28-jan-2015 om 11:05:
>> No, I have never denied that.
>
> I seem to remember you said you 'disagreed'.
>

>> And why should I, when there is equipment being sold with HDMI 2.0
>> interfaces, then it makes sense that you can get cables designed for
>> HDMI 2.0.
>
> I prefer to go by facts, rather than speculation or intuition (i.e.
> "it makes sense"), especially when it comes to retail scams... to
> which I'm particularly allergic.
>

>> I've stated over and over again that a HDMI 2.0 cable is just a normal
>> HDMI cable

>> It's so very simple, is it really worth making all that fuzz about?
>
> It's worth making a /fuss/ about, because you've been trying to
> distract from the core issue (the unfolding scam).
>
>   - MG

It's only a scam if the cables can *not* be used with the clock rate
/data rate as specified by HDMI 2.0. Since this HDMI guy was showing a
cable that could be used with that speed, that cable clearly was a HDMI
2.0 cable. So HDMI 2.0 cables do exist.

You haven't tested any cable that is sold as a HDMI 2.0 cable, so you're
not going by facts as you brag about, but you're just assuming these
cables can not be used with these speeds, and that they are a scam.