[Info-vax] BACKUP to nfs-share, some files are modified

Steven Schweda sms.antinode at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:20:17 EST 2015

> - ZIP would be a good idea, but as far as I can tell, it's
> not installed. I could try to install it, but I would need a
> "beginners guide" to do so.

   For the record, the Info-ZIP programs do come with
documentation, including build-and-install instructions, and
VMS object/executable kits (for the released versions) are
available from info-zip.org.

> FTP - no way to keep directory tree, or is there?

   Wget can do FTP fetch using a recursive mode.  So far as I
know, it works.

   As usual, many things are possible.

> Not sure if they are the latest versions, but they work.

   The latest released versions are Zip 3.0 and UnZip 6.00.