[Info-vax] HP / VSI OpenVMS breakfast event - held on 5 May 2015 - loose recap

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Fri May 8 04:29:52 EDT 2015

Jan-Erik Soderholm skrev den 2015-05-08 10:20:
> IanD skrev den 2015-05-08 01:44:
>
>> My loose remembering's of the HP / VSI OpenVMS breakfast event on the 5
>> May 2015...
>
> There have letaly been two events in Stockholm.
>
> One the 15-april with Johan Gedda (one of the investors in and
> founders of VSI) and Clair Grant from VSI. According to the
> invitation, Johan Gedda should present his former engagement in VMS
> and his visions for VMS in the future. I'll asked the local Swedish
> HP-Connect folks if there is any presentation material available.
> This was a HP-Connect VMS-SIG event, b.t.w.
>
> The other event was also by the  VMS-SIG meeting the 5-May where
> Kevin Duffy from Oracle had two presentations about Oracle 11 and
> Rdb on VMS.
>
> Unfortuanly I could not visit either of these events.
> If I get some material I can sum it up.
>
> Jan-Erik.

About Johan Magnusson Gedda, he has a LinkedIN profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=201593

And in an tech article he is described as:

"VMS Software has a number of investors backing it, notably Johan
Magnusson Gedda, one of the co-founders of Rocket Software. Gedda
has engineering degrees from MIT and an MBA from Harvard. Rocket is
based in Waltham, a techy suburb of Boston, and has expertise in
providing tools for legacy IBM minicomputer and mainframe
environments, among other things..."

http://www.enterprisetech.com/2014/08/01/upstart-breathe-new-life-venerable-openvms/