[Info-vax] rx2600 hardware question

Hans Vlems hvlems at freenet.de
Thu May 14 03:42:43 EDT 2015

I have an rx2600 system with a slightly damaged motherboard. I damaged one of the small pins of the on-board connector that connects to a PCI expansion box.
About a year ago I got a spare mobo and now I've time to start planning for the repair. I know, it's an old box and probably not worth much but it is the only Itanium I have.

One question is about removing the processors, did they use cooling paste to improve heatflow? I have the special instument to remove the processors BTW.

Are ther any other hidden problems to look out for?

Hans