[Info-vax] problem with LSE installation

Craig A. Berry craigberry at nospam.mac.com
Mon May 18 22:48:54 EDT 2015

On 5/18/15 3:38 PM, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:

> The "new" TCPIP stack will probably not be available until VMS for x86_64.

The roadmap says "New TCP/IP stack" for Q4 2015. It shows VMS 9.0 for
2017. On my calendar Q4 2015 is quite a bit before 2017.

> And at that time, and if you are still using VMS, I see little reason to
> stay on Alpha. We are talking about several years ahead.

The only reason to be on Alpha today is if you want to run a relatively
recent version of VMS on an emulator. I wish it weren't true, but that
horse is even more dead than most of the others in this newsgroup.