[Info-vax] problem with LSE installation

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Mon May 18 23:47:57 EDT 2015

Craig A. Berry wrote:
> On 5/18/15 3:38 PM, Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:
>
>> The "new" TCPIP stack will probably not be available until VMS for
>> x86_64.
>
> The roadmap says "New TCP/IP stack" for Q4 2015. It shows VMS 9.0 for
> 2017. On my calendar Q4 2015 is quite a bit before 2017.
>
>> And at that time, and if you are still using VMS, I see little reason to
>> stay on Alpha. We are talking about several years ahead.
>
> The only reason to be on Alpha today is if you want to run a relatively
> recent version of VMS on an emulator. I wish it weren't true, but that
> horse is even more dead than most of the others in this newsgroup.

I would like to argue with this statement, but before I'm done I'm going
to shoot my argument full of holes.

I've got an AlphaServer 800 that I use, and I have 2 EV6 systems sitting
on the shelf.  No emulators here.  How many VMS systems can one guy use?

Ok, all the customers doing production work have itanics ....