[Info-vax] startup hangs during TCPIP

Alan Frisbie Usenet03_REMOVE at Flying-Disk.com
Mon May 18 22:50:22 EDT 2015

On 05/17/2015 03:21 AM, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> I have a satellite which I boot every day or two.  A couple of days ago,
> the startup started hanging.  STARTUP.LOG and console output indicate
> that this is always somewhere in the TCPIP startup.  Control-P and
> booting again was successful, though in one of three or four times I had
> to do it twice.

I have had this happen when my mail server is not available for VMS SMTP
to see on the network.   It eventually times out and startup finishes, but
it takes a very long time.   I'm sorry, but I don't remember any more details.

Alan Frisbie