[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Thu May 21 06:53:09 EDT 2015

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) skrev den 2015-05-21 12:34:
> In article <ffd465e7-da8b-4bac-b796-e765663836a6 at googlegroups.com>,
> johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk writes:
>
> As I mentioned, it worked immediately after the upgrade.  I then didn't
> touch the system much at all for a couple of months...

Is that "touch" as in "used"? Has it been running during that time?

Or is that "touch the system" same as "doing management/changes"?

In other words, has it worked fine during a couple of months right
up to the latest days problems?

> I had feared that
> TCPIP would cause a lot of problems, but it didn't.  I then started
> TCPIP and it worked fine.  I have done a few things since then, but
> between the upgrade and the AUTOGEN and reboot on Monday, didn't do
> anything to the system except start TCPIP.

And right up to the reboot on Monday, everything worked fine?

Oen can also read it such as DECW worked immediately after the upgrade
and DECW hasn't been used at all since then until *after* the
upgrade on Monday when DECW didn't work.

I think the timing of evenents here can be good to get cleared out... :-)

Jan-Erik.