[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

JF Mezei jfmezei.spamnot at vaxination.ca
Mon May 25 13:38:37 EDT 2015

On 15-05-25 04:34, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:

> But I am talking about the login box displaying on a monitor connected
> to the box where the login-box process should be running.  Surely LOCAL
> is used for that?

LOCAL should be used yes.

I think you need to retrace your steps and document what you did during
the booted instance between the upgrade and the time your rebooted and
decwindows stopped working.

autogen ? played with what files ? didn't you have problems with TCPIP
not starting ?

take a good look at the autogen reports to see what was changed.