[Info-vax] VMS and the Internet of Things (IoT)

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Mon Sep 12 08:42:51 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-11, Kerry Main <kemain.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

Unfortunately Kerry times change and so do requirements. Embedded
systems are no longer great big boxes that you boot from hard disks
or other external devices and which have only a few system hardware
configurations that are fully known to the manufacturer of the
operating system in question.

>> PS: Please fix your line wrapping. You currently
> look as if
>> you are
>> typing on a VIC20. :-)
>>

> I recently upgraded my Outback client and the
> external text wrapping is set lowered to 50.

The problem is that you are mangling the messages you are replying
to as the messages are not being reflowed to 50 characters but the
lines are simply being chopped in two. See what your client did to
my paragraph above.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP