[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Chris xxx.syseng.yyy at gfsys.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 13:17:47 EDT 2016

On 09/23/16 13:49, Stephen Hoffman wrote:

>> Stephen Hoffman wrote:
>>>
>>> Would it have been better if I had added a "what was an
>>> extra-cost..."? It was intended to be a comment on how we got here.
>>
>> How we got here is indeed an interesting question. VSI was working on
>> a new IP stack, it should have been ready by now. Was that a
>> completely new stack, and what happened to it? Or were they
>> negotiating with Process Software all the time?
>
> That's a "sausage factory" discussion.

Just so. What may have jappened is that they perhaps thought there was
something salvageable from the HP TCP/IP stack, until they looked at
the code in detil and found it to be beyond reddemption. So they go
for the alternative as less effort and faster time to market.

They changed their minds, so what ?...

Regards,

Chris