[Info-vax] Meditech in the news

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:46:50 EST 2022

On 1/6/22 6:15 PM, John Dallman wrote:
> In article <j3ohkpFrqsqU1 at mid.individual.net>, bill.gunshannon at gmail.com
> (Bill Gunshannon) wrote:
>
>> And, as far as I know, The VA is still running VISTA which is
>> also an ANSI-M (otherwise known as MUMPS) application. I wonder
>> if any of them are on VMS? If not, what are they running on and
>> could VMS find away into that rather lucrative niche.
>
> Probably not:
>
>    "In May, 2018, the VA awarded a contract to Cerner Corp to replace
>    VistA with the commercial off-the-shelf EHR, Cerner Millenium.
>    Pilot implementations took place in the fall of 2020, and by November,
>    24 million veteran health records had been migrated to the new
>    platform. The projected completion for migration of all VA sites
>    is 2028.[5]"
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VistA
>
> John

Interesting.  Oh well, there are still all the places that picked
up VA Vista at the reasonable price it was going for :-) and still
use it.  I understand it has users pretty much around the world
today.  Although I doubt anyone is calling it VA Vista.  Especially
in places that don't really like us even when they get stuff for
free.

bill