[Info-vax] Goodbye VAX

Dave Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Tue Jan 11 13:42:45 EST 2022

On 1/11/2022 8:48 AM, Simon Clubley wrote:
> On 2022-01-11, David Wade <g4ugm at dave.invalid> wrote:

>>> A visit from PC Plod. :-)
>>
>> Unlikely. too busy not investigating breaches of Covid rules at an
>> address in Downing Street. ...
>>

> Actually, based on initial reports, it looks like this time they are
> going to investigate. It looks the latest example was too gross a violation
> for them to ignore. Whether they do anything meaningful about it is
> another matter.
>
>> ... probably end up being extradited to the USA to face charges on
>> things that happen outside the USA when we, the fully BREXITed UK can't
>> manage to get US citizens to face charges for things they did in the UK..
>>

> That last part really sucks. She should never have been allowed to
> flee the country.
>
> Simon.

Ya know, for someone who believes in following the rules, you sure are
ambiguous.  I don't know much about that event, other than regardless of best
efforts, shit still happens.  But, If you're going to subscribe to diplomatic
immunity, you should not do so until you decide "maybe not".  As Yoda mentioned,
do, or do not.  Nor do I have much of an opinion about the practice, but, as I
mentioned, if you're going to have a rule, then follow it, always, not when you
maybe want to.

--
David Froble                       Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc.      E-Mail: davef at tsoft-inc.com
DFE Ultralights, Inc.
170 Grimplin Road
Vanderbilt, PA  15486