[Squaredancing] Re: [sd-callers] Thumb wheel

Clark Baker cmbaker at tiac.net
Sat Aug 13 12:50:28 EDT 2005

On the Square Dance calling mailing list we have been having a
discussion of the thumb wheel on the mike handle which allows the
caller to turn the music level up or down while his voice remains the
same.  Some callers also do this with a hand on the turntable's music
volume control.

The discussion centers around the proper use of this feature, with some
feeling that it is abused, perhaps abused by most callers.

In order to gather some date, I have created a poll about the thumb
wheel.  Please take the brief poll.  If you are a dancer, we want your
opinions.  Just don't answer the questions that only make sense if you
call.  Callers, we want your opinions, both when you are dancing to
others and when you are calling.

http://www.misterpoll.com/588748608.html

I will post the results in a few days.

--