[Squaredancing] Thumb wheel poll results

Clark Baker cmbaker at tiac.net
Tue Aug 16 01:12:00 EDT 2005

The results of the Thumb Wheel Poll can be viewed at:
http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=588748608

If you meant to take it but never got around to it, you can do so at:
http://www.misterpoll.com/poll.mpl?id=588748608

Only 6% feel that use of the thumb wheel is almost always a problem.

13% don't use the thumb wheel, 6% don't have one, and only 6% use it
often.  Of the people who use it occasionally, 30% use it to boost the
music (like on a right and left grand) and 24% use it to lower the
music when they give a command (I do both of these).

When they move the thumb wheel, 4% move it as far as it can go, 40%
move it only a little, and 56% move it a thumb stroke.

3% said that they thought they could improve their usage of the thumb
wheel and that they would make the effort. 28% thought the were doing
just fine, 20% thought they could make slight improvements and 27%
thought that maybe they could make an improvement.

My bottom line is that this is an area that should be mentioned in
caller school and once a year at your caller meeting, but is is not an
area that has a lot of problems and it doesn't need much attention.

--
Clark Baker, Belmont, MA
cmbaker at tiac.net