[Squaredancing] When in Rome.....

ljknews ljknews at mac.com
Wed Dec 21 10:25:55 EST 2005

At 9:36 AM -0500 12/21/05, Clark Baker wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2005, at 7:53 AM, M0220sr at aol.com wrote:
>
>>  So I would be interested in knowing how you dance when visiting a
>> club that dances with handholds different from what you do in your
>> home club.
>
> In general, I adapt to their handholds.  It may take me a few calls to
> realize that is what is happening.
>
>>  I'd actually also like to know what you think of visiting dancers who
>> come into your club and "force" your arm into another position to
>> adapt to THEIR style of handhold in wave-related formations.
>
> I am not super happy with these inflexible dancers.  However, I give
> them the benefit of the doubt and adjust to what is happening around
> me.  Perhaps they don't know what is happening, or perhaps they don't
> know how to dance a different styling.

Clark points out another factor - dancer experience.  Even if I think
I am "right", the other dancer might have a harder time adapting than
I would.  (In cases where I would have a harder time adapting, I am
probably so out-of-it that I don't even know there is any adapting
underway.)
--
Larry Kilgallen