[Squaredancing] What is a Singles Club

Dave dave at daveswebplace.net
Mon Jan 17 20:50:11 EST 2005

I don't know if there is really an official, or operational, definition of a
single's square dance club.  I've danced at a lot of clubs that are
considered "single's" clubs.  Some of them permit married members, but the
majority of the members are single.  Some of them permit married members but
their officers must be single.

One thing all of them have in common is that they are clubs where a dancer
can visit without a partner.

To answer the original question, I'm not sure about the Orange County area.
There are a few California single's clubs listed on http://www.dosido.com/
and http://www.ssdusa.org/ .  You can also drop Single Square Dancers USA an
email at info at ssdusa.org.

Dave Hinde