[Squaredancing] RE: [Square-dancing] Re: funny clothes

Loren Castro lfc32 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 24 13:08:16 EDT 2005

I wrote the next two paragraphs a few years ago after another purist
sounded off about proper square dance attire.  They are the last two
paragraphs of my little tirade.
====================
Third, I wear jeans to all dances.  Sometimes they are brown, sometimes
they are black, and sometimes they are white.  Sometimes they are dark
blue, and sometimes they are light blue.  I have worn jeans to many
previous Golden State Roundups, to Silver State, to USA West, to Las
Vegas, to Bakersfield, to Tulare, to Turlock, and to other smaller
festivals.  I wore jeans the last time the National Convention was in
Anaheim, and I WILL wear jeans to Anaheim in 2001.  Nobody has ever
suggested that I was not "properly attired" or tried to remove me.

Lighten up about "proper attire" or suffer a further decline in the
number of dancers.
A local caller (Hi, Eric) teases me about this occasionally.

I thought I remembered that Nasser Shukayr had written one of his wicked
little satires about this subject.  I save everything he posts here, but
either my memory fails me (again) or I just didn't save this one.  Maybe
he'll come up with something.

lfc
-----