[Squaredancing] Re: Went to an interesting Mainstream Dance last night

Clark Baker cmbaker at tiac.net
Wed Jul 27 23:15:16 EDT 2005

My daughter and I just returned from the Rocky Mountain Magic Plus
Weekend (http://www.squaredancing.com/bearmiller/plusweekend/) in
Denver.  In addition to a staff of 4 callers they had 2 additional
caller.  The special part was that both evening dances had music
provided by The Ghost Riders.

I had danced to tis band at various National Conventions.  In that
venue I find the overall experience a little loud, a little crowded,
and mostly everyone does singing calls (ok, but I want something
different after a while).

At RMM the callers did both patter and singing calls with the band.  I
found the overall experience enjoyable and high energy, and the over 40
squares in attendance must have agreed.  I understand that they will do
it again next year.

--
Clark Baker, Belmont, MA
cmbaker at tiac.net