[Squaredancing] Question

ljknews ljknews at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 21:51:37 EDT 2005

At 7:29 PM -0400 6/8/05, Dave wrote:

> First, never sit and wait for a partner to find you!  This
> goes for both men and women.  When the music starts, jump
> up and stand near the edge of the floor.   Look around like
> you are looking for a partner and are eager to jump into a
> square.  Also, make sure the club officers know you are single
> and need a partner.

I discussed this thread with my wife and she said that if you want
to be asked to dance again, never turn down someone who asks you
to dance.  Some of them went out on a limb to get up the nerve
to ask you.  Others who did not have that nerve may also be watching.

> Standing in a square looking for a partner can be awkward.
> At clubs that are mainly single, it works out OK.

One of the clubs I talked about where this is forbidden dances
as a singles club (though some people are married).  They want
partner acquisition time to be spent before taking up a slot in
a square.
--
Larry Kilgallen