[Squaredancing] Re: [sd-callers] National Convention trip report

Anniebplus at aol.com Anniebplus at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 14:00:33 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/28/2005 10:22:31 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cmbaker at tiac.net writes:

I  did encounter one person who is better known than I who
was told  that she couldn't dance squares dressed as she was (not in
square  dance clothes), but dressed up (she had been working a vendor
booth).

This was one of the things the Tony Oxendine brought up at a recent  seminar.
 He feels that we are chasing away new dancers by requiring  them to look a
certain way.  We have lost 80% of dancers in the past  20 years.  We have to do
anything and everything we can to attract  new dancers and closing the door
in their face because they aren't dressed  properly is not the way to do it.

Anne Barker
Phoenix, AZ