[Squaredancing] Re: [sd-callers] National Convention trip report

Anniebplus at aol.com Anniebplus at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 20:00:42 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/28/2005 4:00:08 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
htrost at onlinehome.de writes:

Also we all compete with peoples living room with the couch,  chips, beer
bottle and cable/satelite TV plus remote control where  absolute no
attire is necessary...

This was another point that Tony Oxendine made.  He doesn't see  anything
wrong with people being able to have a drink at a dance.   This was something I
don't agree with.  I think one of the things  that got me hooked on
square/round dancing was the fact that there was no  smoke and no alcohol.  Just
unadulterated fun!

But, although I thoroughly enjoy dancing with a skirt and petticoats,  these
are things that should not be a necessity for new dancers.   Especially in the
summer in AZ, where I'm located.  And, special  events shouldn't say, "square
dance attire required" because that will  surely avert the newbie, who
doesn't have square dance attire.

Anne
Phoenix, AZ