[Squaredancing] Re: Community Dance Program

Heinz D. Trost htrost at onlinehome.de
Sun Mar 27 17:43:41 EST 2005

Heiner,

>Since then, I had a CDP group going in Hannover. It alway was a small group,
>and MWSDancers look with disdain at it. But this does not prevent us from
>dancing.

out of your long term experience with your CDP group what do you think:
Is that way to bring people in motion very early by CDP a successful
track to keep square dancing alive,- or is it a completly different
solution, so the regular MWSD we do today will still die?
Do these CDP people mainly stay in that group or do they try to jointo
regulary MWSD classes and maybe clubs?

BTW: As one resume of his speech he gave at 52nd NSDC 2003
http://www.tonyoxendine.com/resources/NationalsKeynoteAddress.pdf
Tony Oxendine started a weekly group which is limited to basic figures
and will stay there, open for new dancers at least every 12 weeks, no
dress code, but lots of floor time and singing calls from first lesson...

Yours truly,
Heinz
Germany

PS: Hope see you all at 54th National Square Dance Convention, Portland,
OR (June 2005)!