[Squaredancing] Re: Community Dance Program

Clark Baker cmbaker at tiac.net
Wed Mar 30 12:42:46 EST 2005

On Mar 27, 2005, at 5:43 PM, Heinz D. Trost wrote:

> BTW: As one resume of his speech he gave at 52nd NSDC 2003
> http://www.tonyoxendine.com/resources/NationalsKeynoteAddress.pdf
> Tony Oxendine started a weekly group which is limited to basic figures
> and will stay there, open for new dancers at least every 12 weeks, no
> dress code, but lots of floor time and singing calls from first
> lesson...

I gave a talk at the opening session of this year's Callerlab
convention which mentioned Tony's program along with others.  Bottom
line, we are encouraging people to go out and present square dancing to
new people in a variety of ways, not just "take lessons and learn MS".
The talk can be found at

http://www.tiac.net/~mabaker/ppc-initiative.html

--
Clark Baker, Belmont, MA