[Squaredancing] Re: Community Dance Program

squarekopp at gmx.de squarekopp at gmx.de
Tue Mar 29 15:48:31 EST 2005

What I am really looking for is information more on implementation of
the program, the problems and solutions, advertising, how often the
dances are held (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly),  amounts charged per
person, refreshments or not, breaks or not, caller run or community run
(I am by myself and have no other help), time per session (One hour to
three hours or in between), etc.

Mike Gormley
<<<

Open Country Hannover is considered a small part of the cultural activities
of the City of Hannover. Thus I get the rooms free as long as I do not
charge a fee. But I am allowed to ask for "financial applause".

Meanwhile I call for three groups every week, in different parts of the
town. About two hours each.

At the location of the Monday evening group there is a cafeteria. So after
the third tip, I announce a longer break, get me an apple juice, and sit
down for about 15 minutes.

The location of the Tuesday evening group is dry. Therefore there are only
small breaks between the tips.

The Thursday afternoon group has a kitchen. There I keep the people on their
feet for 45 minutes. Then we sit down for about half an hour with coffee,
cakes, and chatting; and five minutes more for dishwashing and a breath of
fresh air; maybe not so fresh air ;-) . Then some more dancing (easy).

You see, breaks depend on circumstances.

Yours squarely
Heiner Fischle
Hannover, Germany
http://www.heinerfischle.de/country/country2.htm