[Squaredancing] SD Competition

BOBBSHARP at aol.com BOBBSHARP at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 12:59:59 EST 2006

htrost at gmx.de writes:

, make  square dancing to a sport much more people of all
ages will be interested  in.

So  I believe we should promote the more
sportive image.
    I agree. Bob Osgood was firmly against competion.  We argued the point
mnay times. I called a competition at the NY State Fair for  many years and I
felt it was a highly successful program. There was no 'Best  Square' or 'Best
Square Dancer' crowned as a result, just blue or red or white  ribbons and
everybody got one. There were 4 age groups (even one senior) and the  jubilation of
the participants was a sight to behold. One year Zavier Cugat and  Abby Lane
appeared at the same venue in the afternoon with about one quarter of  the
seats filled. At our competition that evening it was a packed house  with SRO.
Look at the success of the teen competition in Canada. Think  about it.
Bob  Brundage