[Squaredancing] Fwd: CBS Wednesday, 2/1/06 - Still Standing " Still Flunk...

Heinz D. Trost htrost at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 08:35:38 EST 2006

Ken,

>> please remember: Depending on the Callerlab recommendation of the
>> three different dresscodes and the thoughts about saving square dance
>> hobby into the future: If some dancers like to dance in traditional
>> attire it's still possible, but we shall go away from that we force
>> people to wear clothes of the 1950's.

> The Callerlab recommendation is for Callers only, not for dancers.

No, it is for dancers. And it recommends to organizers of dance events
to publish on their flyers what kind of the three dress codes they want
. Callers can wear what they want. Just for cuers dress code is part of
the membership appliance form if they want to become a member of
Roundalab.

> USDA
> has a recommendation for dancers.  Yes, they are similar and they are
> recommendations, not fixed in stone.
>
> No one is forcing anyone to buy/wear clothes of the 1950's.

Oh,- ask them (e.g. Gloria K.) which were sent away as visitors of
several MWSD club dances, special dances and the National SD Convention
just because they don't wear e.g. traditional SD attire,- or e.g.
wearing a boxer short instead of a petty pant...

And please remember the information which was given last year from the
organizers of the 54th NSDC which told us that e.g. we as round dancers
could wear RD attire in the RD halls and we can walk through the SD
halls, but we had to change to SD attire if we would square up in a SD
hall...

> BTW, I've recently been in contact with a women in my age group (early
> 50's) who doesn't square dance (yet). Her first reaction after I showed
> her the pictures I've taken of Square Dancing was "Do I have to know to
> square dance before I can wear those frilly outfits? I love frilly
> clothes!"

Well, that's an exception. Most women Mid 40 and up prefer to wear
trousers/slacks.

Heinz
Germany