[Squaredancing] Club 25th Anniversary

NShukayr at aol.com NShukayr at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 17:53:20 EST 2007

For a milestone anniversary dance (20th, 25th, 30th, 50th, whatever) I like
to research which songs, movies, celebrities, news stories, etc. were popular
in  that year.  Then plan the dance around those facts.

You can also research 10 years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago, 25  years ago
... and thus "count down" to the date of the club's  beginning.  The first
tip can be from 5 years ago, the second tip 10 years  ago, and so forth.  Each
tip goes further back in history, and the  last tip is based on the year the
club was formed.

There are a trainload of websites where you can look up the popular  songs,
movies, TV shows, news headlines, etc. from any year.  Most of the  time a
caller can find a song from that year which he/she either already owns,  or can
easily order from dosado.com.

If not, just do like I do:  make up your own facts. :-) :-)

Congratulations on your club's 25th anniversary, and best wishes for many
more anniversaries to come!

Nasser "available to call your club's 50th anniversary" Shukayr
Harlingen, Texas
_www.NShukayr.com_ (http://www.NShukayr.com)