[Squaredancing] Discussion on the National in Charlotte

Anniebplus at aol.com Anniebplus at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 20:12:59 EDT 2007

I personally don't think they should turn people away if they are not
dressed "appropriately."  However, I don't think shorts is  "appropriate."  But I
saw women in western attire and they looked really  good.  We lose some dancers
because of the strict dress code.  Which  is more important?  I think the
dwindling numbers of square dancers could  be addressed by a less stringent dress
code.

The food at the convention center was very good.  If you went to the
advanced square dance rooms there was bottled water.  Although I'm not an  advanced
dancer, I went with friends and discovered this.  Perhaps it would  have been
too costly to provide bottled water for all.

I didn't like the flooring on the upper levels either. I know it's not
possible to dance on carpet but there must be something better then the  rubberized
flooring.

It was my first National Convention.  And it will probably be my last  unless
I get a partner.  There weren't enough single men and many single  men did
not chose to wear the "solo" badge.  But, I enjoyed being with  friends.  I
would consider going to a singles convention.

Anne Barker...Phoenix, AZ