[Squaredancing] Coffee prices at Starbucks Nationals and somewhere else, was: Re: Discussion on the National in Charlotte

Heinz D. Trost htrost at gmx.de
Sat Jul 14 05:20:24 EDT 2007

Cynde,

> http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/minimumwage.htm
> The federal minimum wage for covered, nonexempt employees is $5.15 per hour.
> But http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm shows the states with no law
> which allows them to pay less I suppose.
thank you.

> Heinz,  are you being re-educated
> because you are out of managerial work after the age of 45?

we are 17 people between 45 and 59 years old jobless people, most had
jobs as managers before, before the class started we were jobless
between four weeks and more than five years.
Now we get lessons in quality management, quality standards (ISO 9000,
9001, 9004, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, TS 19949 and more), quality tools,
marketing, controlling, rhetoric, cost account, team building,
financing, audit training, and so on.
And so we hope to get a new job...

> 0.40€ for coffee is quite high,

oh, that's 30 EURO cent, it's inexpensive enough that the coffee maker
in the back is used very often through the day. (At school cafeteria the
y charge 1,--EUR per cup...). Well, nevertheless the coffee is that
inexpensive in our class and we use a very good name branded coffee plus
sugar, milk and coffee filters we get enough money in the coffee cash
box (actually nearly 70 EUR (ar. $ 100)), so now the coffee and bottled
mineral water is free for all class members until the coffee cash box
will get empty.

> don't you buy it from
>  Lidl?

no. Our coffee drinkers do prefer Tchibo.

> Do you ever dance in the Hamburg area?

in the past I attended a few special dances there.

Heinz
Germany
DH 8 SAH