[Squaredancing] Discussion on the National in Charlotte Dress code

ljknews ljknews at mac.com
Wed Jul 4 04:29:30 EDT 2007

At 1:25 AM -0500 7/4/07, Brenda wrote:

> Square dancing like most public functions has always needed a dress code.

I certainly disagree that square dancing needs anything beyond local public
decency laws.  But let us look at one small aspect of your "plan":

>   SAME GENDER PARTNERS
>   Please dress according to gender dancing.

And exactly how much of a pause are you willing to allow between tips while
people change costumes to accomplish this ?  Remember, it is not until the
start of the tip that some people know who their partner will be, and only
when the partner is known can there be a discussion as to who will dance
which part.  Will the rest of you all wait while those folks change ?

And what if they decide to switch roles for the singing call ?   Will
the rest of the floor wait for a costume change then as well ?
--
Larry Kilgallen