[Squaredancing] World Square Dance 2000 - initial contact

ljknews ljknews at mac.com
Sat Aug 30 09:20:31 EDT 2008

At 8:52 AM -0400 8/30/08, Mike Gormley wrote:

> I just tried to contact David Ameeti with the information between the
> double lines.  The message failed to be delivered.  I tried to visit the
> site for the event
>
> http://www.wsd2000.org
>
>  It also failed.

Registration of the domain name wsd2000.org expired on August
24.   This often happens when domain owners do not understand
how all this Internet stuff works.  He may not be aware of it.

> I tried to visit the site for the club he is a member of, The Valley
> Trailers,    to make contact with him there
>
> http://www.valley-trailers.org
>

> It also failed.

That one is more serious, looking like an internet vulture
swooped in to pick it up when it expired.  I had that happen
to a friend and we were able to rescue it.

> Does anyone know if this project is still in the wings?

None of what I said answers that question.

But how many feel that a random person walking it off the
street is immediately qualified to dance "club level" ?
The same caution would be advised for amateurs trying to
run Internet domains.  Get a trusted (competent) friend
to help you, not a company that might be trying to cheat
you out of your domain name.
--
Larry Kilgallen