[Squaredancing] After Parties

Cynde Sadler cynde at twistercom.fi
Wed Jun 4 16:33:52 EDT 2008

I've never attended an after party in US or anywhere else with skits. But I
have enjoyed after parties in Germany like the ones Heinz describes. One
club I attend in Hamburg gets the space free and the restaurant makes money
by everyone staying for a nightcap (or one or two of those nasty half beer -
half  7up concoctions!) and a snack after the dance. It makes the whole
thing very social without the pressure of someone needing to invent
skits(which I would find difficult to keep up with fresh ideas) I really
enjoy getting to know other dancers off the dance floor. Makes a cozy end to
the evening.
If you're into skits anyway, then maybe a couple of times a year there could
be a potluck table for after the dance to be enjoyed at the club with skits.
I know some places in Maine and New Hampshire at least, there are ice cream
parties which I think are totally awesome.
Cynde
in Finland

> Sheree,
>
>> What are After Parties?
>

> that's different.
> Here in Germany (where we are used to dance almost non-stop (the longest
> break is with the caller smokes and run out for the lenght of a
> cigarette and the up to 3 1/2 minutes  of announcements)) after party is
> just a cozy get-together after the weekly club dance or the special
> dance for an hour or more (sometimes open end).
Heinz
Germany