[Squaredancing] (no subject)

Cynde Sadler cynde at twistercom.fi
Mon Jun 9 17:20:58 EDT 2008

Then I'm afraid I feel forced to tell a story that amuses me...
Last weekend I was at a Finno-Swedish folkdance festival. There we were
required to wear our folk costumes representing our home towns during the
festivities but allowed to wear casual, comfortable clothing for the dance
that went on into the wee hours. One little girl about the age of 16 looked
lovely in her costume: a homespun woolen striped vest and skirt, a woolen
apron, a blousy sleeved linen blouse with some hand made lace on the cuffs
and collar, a little cup hat adorned with tatted lace, knee high white
stockings and black shoes.
Well, she went back to change into something more comfortable and what she
showed up in was all of the above... BUT she had replaced the woolen skirt
and apron (and cotton petticoat) with black short-shorts! Hotpants! We about
fell over then began wondering what the world would say if we all just
removed our skirts and carried on with the casual attire. It sure looked a
lot cooler than we were feeling! And she looked absolutely adorable.
God love the little children who make waves and changes!