[Squaredancing] (no subject)

KempAngus at aol.com KempAngus at aol.com
Mon Jun 9 16:05:32 EDT 2008

Thanks to all of you who have offered your insight and opinions about
clothing and after-parties, and all the other things that you've shared.   I'm
learning a lot.

I think Candy is right when she talks about how she dances differently -
depending on what she is wearing.  I've heard that what we wear can affect  our
behavior (and mood), or how we do things.  As an example, I've heard
elementary school principals talk about how the children behave differently if  they
have a dress code, than if they can wear whatever they want.  In  their
observations, the children who had a dress code behaved better and did  better school
work than those who dressed in anything that they wanted to  wear.   I think
most of us are that way to some extent.  If we are  dressed in business attire,
we probably act a bit differently than if we are in  our hiking clothes.  It
doesn't make either one right or wrong,  necessarily; just different.

I think the same happens with square dancing.  Some days we women may  feel
more like dressing up, wearing the fluffy petticoats and full skirts.   Other
days, we may want to wear the prairie skirts.  Yet there may be times  when
good ole comfortable jeans fit the bill.  While the men don't seem to  have as
many choices as we do, I'm sure there are times when they dress up a  little
more, than at other times.   I do enjoy seeing all the  varieties of clothing in
square dancing, just as I do with other  activities.  Mostly, I'm just glad
when I have a partner to dance with, and  when he is very energetic and
enthusiastic, I enjoy it even more.

I have to admit...............I've never heard of a square dance with
dancers who are in various stages of nudity!!   As interesting as that  might be, I
believe I will also skip this type of event!!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

Sheree

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.