[Squaredancing] The 57th NSDC is now history

Ken Robinson kenrbnsn at rbnsn.com
Sun Jun 29 00:18:17 EDT 2008

Hi from Wichita,

The 57th National Square Dance Convention is now history. The final
total attendance number that I saw was 6,025. :-(  They had projected 7,000.

Spokane, WA won the bid for the 61st National Square Dance Convention
to be held in 2012.

The National Executive Committee (NEC) announced they had a new web
site <http://www.nsdcnec.com/>.  I understand it is still being
worked on. I have a number of issues with it technically and the
"Contact Us" form is broken (at least it was on Saturday morning)

I've updated my web pages that show the NSDC  attendance from 1952
through 2008. The older one can be seen at <
http://www.rbnsn.com/nsdc/index.php>. The newer one, which used
Google Visualization (i.e. Javascript) can be found
at  <http://www.rbnsn.com/nsdc/index_gv.php>. You can click on the
individual bars to see the attendance figures.

Ken Robinson
Hillsborough, NJ / Baltimore, MD