[Squaredancing] All women's square dance club

Mike Gormley WA8VEC at ARRL.NET
Sun Feb 27 09:56:10 EST 2011

I work in an RV resort of 400 sites.  The other day while at work I
wandered into our recreation hall and found the line dancers in
session.   There was at least 40 dancers there and ALL were women.   At
the swimming pool,  I find 30 to35 women in the morning doing aqua
exercises with their leader.    I have asked the first group, in the
past,  to consider square dance, but the response is usually some like
"I would love to do it, but I can't get my husband to come."

Thinking outside of the box:

Whether in a resort or even a small city, has anyone ever tried an "ALL
WOMEN'S"  square dance club?   Yes, I know there are the lesbian groups,
but I am talking about "straight" women who just want exercise and
entertainment, while their husbands fish, shoot horseshoes and golf.

Mike Gormley
www.Mike-Gormley.com
Sebring, FL