[Squaredancing] All women's square dance club

Bonnie Abramson ASDSC at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 12:50:50 EST 2011

When I lived in El Centro, CA, several (many) years ago, they did have a
predominantly women's club ... it is an area in Imperial County, CA, that is
very popular with snowbirds so they would have square dancing in the
wintertime. As you said, while they may have had husbands, many were widowed
or other wise single so they just set up the club where they just had some
of the women learn the beau's part.  This was back in the '80s so I don't
know if the group still dances, but they were "thinking outside the box" way
back then.

Bonnie Abramson

52nd ASDSC Harvest Hoedown - October 21 - 23, 2011 - Yuba-Sutter
Fairgrounds, Yuba City, CA
Randy Dougherty - Dan Nordbye - Charlie Robertson - TJ & Bruce Chadd -
www.asdsc.org

51st California State Square Dance Convention - Escape From the Wild! -
April 8 - 10, 2011
Ken Bower, Marshall Flippo, Steve Kopman, Gary Shoemake
Balboa Park, San Diego, CA - www.castate2011.org

Capital City Squares/Prime 8's Stumptown Stomp - May 20 - 22, 2011 -
Guerneville, CA
Joe Saltel & Andy Allemao - www.iagsdc.org/capitalcitysquares