[Squaredancing] FW: Introducing The Square Dance Radio Network

Bruce brucemorgan at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:23:27 EDT 2011

FYI  Thought you might be interested.

Bruce

From: Dayle Hodge [mailto:sdrn at squaredanceradionetwork.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:08 AM
To: sdrn at squaredanceradionetwork.com
Subject: Introducing The Square Dance Radio Network

Dear Square Dancer -

My name is Dayle Hodge and I have been a square dance caller for 30 years. I
call regularly for several clubs in the DC / Baltimore area, and I travel
for weekends and festivals throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions.
I am passionate about square dancing and I want to see it grow and thrive.

I recently started the Square Dance Radio Network (SDRN) with my co-host
Barb Jarvis. We offer a network of free podcasts and live shows for and by
square dancers, callers, potential dancers, and organizers. We began in
early-June with our first regular podcast, "The DoSaDo Show."

Our mission is to provide entertaining and educational radio programming to
promote and preserve Square Dancing.

Through the Radio Network, we plan to make a difference in square dancing by
offering programming covering all aspects of the community. Thus far, our
guests have included callers, dancers and organizers. This fall, we will be
presenting a special series with a focus on recruitment. The new show will
provide a venue for callers, clubs, organizations, festivals, and
conventions to share recruitment techniques aimed at bringing more people
into the square dance activity.

How can you help? "The DoSaDo Show" and "The Recruitment Connection" can be
successful if YOU help spread the word. I have included a flyer for the
Network. I ask that you take some of these to the dances you attend and make
an announcement about us. Our goal is to tell the world about square
dancing, the benefits, and the fun.

Thank you,

-- Dayle Hodge

Host, Square Dance Radio Network