[Squaredancing] FW: Introducing The Square Dance Radio Network

Bob Brundage bobbsharp at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 11:43:56 EDT 2011

Thank you Bruce. I had seen this but thanks for sharing.    Bob

Dear Square Dancer -

My name is Dayle Hodge and I have been a square dance caller for 30 years. I
all regularly for several clubs in the DC / Baltimore area, and I travel
or weekends and festivals throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions.
 am passionate about square dancing and I want to see it grow and thrive.

I recently started the Square Dance Radio Network (SDRN) with my co-host
arb Jarvis. We offer a network of free podcasts and live shows for and by
quare dancers, callers, potential dancers, and organizers. We began in
arly-June with our first regular podcast, "The DoSaDo Show."

Our mission is to provide entertaining and educational radio programming to
romote and preserve Square Dancing.

Through the Radio Network, we plan to make a difference in square dancing by
ffering programming covering all aspects of the community. Thus far, our
uests have included callers, dancers and organizers. This fall, we will be
resenting a special series with a focus on recruitment. The new show will
rovide a venue for callers, clubs, organizations, festivals, and
onventions to share recruitment techniques aimed at bringing more people
nto the square dance activity.

How can you help? "The DoSaDo Show" and "The Recruitment Connection" can be
uccessful if YOU help spread the word. I have included a flyer for the
etwork. I ask that you take some of these to the dances you attend and make
n announcement about us. Our goal is to tell the world about square
ancing, the benefits, and the fun.

Thank you,

-- Dayle Hodge
Host, Square Dance Radio Network