[Squaredancing] Discussion on the National in Charlotte

Mike Gormley WA8VEC at ARRL.NET
Thu Jul 12 20:10:31 EDT 2007

> > The convention organizers really should speak with the restaurants and
> > fast food places near the convention to make sure they can stay open
> > in the evening. There was a small shopping mall not far from the
> > convention center and almost all the fast food places were closed by 5
> > PM.
> The cafeteria across the street from the convention hall adjusted
> their hours Thursday, Friday and Saturday and extended their breakfast
> and lunch hours.  They normally closed at 2:30 PM, but for the
> convnetion they reopened for dinner all three days.  The food was good
> and reasonably priced, but the wait in line was sometines an hour or
> more.  There were at least three other restaurants that I know
> of within a block of the convention center that were open for dinner.

One problem I found was, on Wednesday night between 5 pm and 8 pm, there
was no dancing yet, no vendor halls to walk through (they weren't open
until Thursday) and NO FOOD COURTS OPEN.  I think somebody lost a big
opportunity to sell some food and make some money.

Mike Gormley
Full Time RV'ers currently located in the Florida Keys