[Squaredancing] clothing

Cynde Sadler cynde at twistercom.fi
Mon Jun 9 06:41:04 EDT 2008

It's too bad if clothing turns out to be a 'hot topic' I was at a festival
in Germany where a couple were asked to leave because they were not dressed
properly! The flyer had specifically said 'Square Dance Attire required'
They had traveled far and were heartbroken to say the least. In the end
someone leant them the money to buy some clothes in the shop on the
premises. I was very unhappy about this whole thing and felt like you
do-clothing should left ( a bit) up to the individuals. But if a festival
insists on a dress code, then maybe they should remind via email or make it
clear upon registration and have things to lend for people coming from afar
so this sort of thing can never happen.
A great atmosphere without the complications of alcohol is a wonderful thing
but squabbling over clothes sort of spoils it!
Cynde
who prefers prairie skirts

> I've learned that the clothing is a very hot topic - some very strong
> opinions are held one way or the other by some people. .......we gather
> together to
> enjoy the dancing and  music/calling, and one another's friendship.
  Square dancing  provides