[Squaredancing] regarding classes

Cynde Sadler cynde at twistercom.fi
Sun Oct 26 18:25:15 EDT 2008

I usually dance in Hamburg, Germany, and there I was told that dancers often
will stay in Mainstream for many years before 'going on' to Plus. The
callers I've danced to call a mean Mainstream giving the dancers a lot of
challenge yet staying within the MS boundries. They have different clubs set
up for other levels and dancers can go to a Mainstream on Wednesday and a
plus group on Thursday. Often it's the same dancers so they know their
stuff.
IMHO I feel it's too bad when dancers rush off to 'higher levels' and then
mess up the square because they can't remember a turn through..
Cynde